Walgreens (NYSE: WAG) (Nasdaq: WAG) tomorrow will celebrate the official opening of its newest Well Experience flagship store, located in Washington, D.C. at 7th Street and H Street, NW. The store, which opens at 9:30 a.m. on Thursday, March 21, showcases a unique pharmacy format that provides comprehensive care such as health tests and immunizations, as well as health and daily living offerings like fresh food and an enhanced beauty department.
“Every day, more than 6 million customers and patients visit us for convenient access to innovative products, as well as health and wellness services to help them get, stay and live well,” said Mark Wagner, Walgreens president of operations and community management. “Together, our offerings demonstrate how Walgreens is transforming daily living, pharmacy and health care experiences nationwide.”
The store’s expanded features include:
- An enhanced, state-of-the-art pharmacy designed to encourage greater interaction between pharmacists and patients. An iPad equipped health guide will help pharmacy customers navigate a wide range of health and wellness products, services and resources including immunizations and health tests. The pharmacy also features an “Ask Your Pharmacist” desk, consultation rooms and Express Rx kiosks for swift checkout.
- A Take Care Clinic offering a wide range of health care services including vaccinations, health tests, physicals and treatments for common illnesses and minor injuries.
- Aligned with the store opening, Walgreens and Bausch + Lomb recently announced a new SightSense™ online and in-store patient education program – an initiative to heighten eye health awareness and encourage consumers to take proactive steps to protect and preserve their sight. The program features a special eye health section on Walgreens.com that provides tools, information and resources to help consumers become informed and proactive in their eye health. The website also provides an eye care professional locator for consumers to find an eye doctor near them, as well as a list of upcoming in-store events.
- A LOOK Boutique beauty department featuring dozens of prestige and niche cosmetic, skincare and hair care brands not typically found in drugstores. As part of it, Britain’s leading skincare brand, No7, created by Boots, will be available. No7 is well known for its internationally acclaimed range of anti-aging beauty serums, all independently scientifically tested. Specially-trained beauty advisors are on hand to offer guidance finding the best solutions for individual needs. A Nail Bar will offer professional manicures with the latest colors from essie and OPI. Expert shaping and grooming services will be available at the Eyebrow Bar.
- Hundreds of fresh food items including produce and high-quality, on-the-go meal options such as wraps, sandwiches and salads made fresh daily.
- A Coca-Cola Freestyle machine dispensing 130 varieties of Coca Cola fountain drinks.
- Customers can also enjoy several flavors of self-serve frozen yogurt accompanied by an enticing toppings bar.
- An Upmarket Café offering a barista preparing fresh brewed premium coffee and espressos.
- A juice and smoothie bar featuring fresh fruits and vegetables included in distinct recipes.
The store will be open 24 hours every day with pharmacy hours from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. until 6 p.m. Saturdays and 10 a. m. until 6 p.m. Sundays. Take Care Clinic hours from 8 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, 9:30 a.m. until 5 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV