49th Annual International ANDY Awards Name R/GA And Nike+ As Best In Show GRANDY Winner For "Nike+ FuelBand" Campaign
NEW YORK, March 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The 2013 International ANDY Awards, now in its 49 th year, announced this year's winners for outstanding creative accomplishment. The global advertising show's most prestigious honor, The GRANDY, has been awarded to R/GA and Nike+ for their innovative user experience design for the Nike+ FuelBand in the Mobile or Wireless Campaign category, in addition to two more Gold awards for the campaign.
As the GRANDY winner, R/GA and Nike+ receive the GRANDY championship ring, recognition as Best in Show, and a $50,000 cash award. As the first show of the advertising awards season, The ANDYs traditionally predict many subsequent winners in the advertising awards circuit in the year ahead.
The ANDY Awards Show and Party took place on Tuesday, March 19 th at the British Academy of Film and Television Arts during Advertising Week Europe in London. Sponsors included Microsoft and the London Evening Standard.
A collaboration between R/GA and Nike+, the GRANDY "Nike+ FuelBand" winner used product innovation as a framework for advertising. There has never been a way to measure activity, and Nike wanted to change that. RG/A designed the entire user experience for this device that tracks daily activity using a universal metric – Fuel – from the tagline "Counts" to the social engagement platform. Data visualizations show where users were most active daily, weekly, monthly and beyond, utilizing Bluetooth technology to sync the Fuel wirelessly to the user's platform of choice. The FuelBand provides a new framework for all Nike+ products and services, tying them together into a connected ecosystem. Credits listed below.Leo Burnett Tailor Made ( Sao Paulo) " My Blood is Red & Black" campaign for Vitoria F.C. received the coveted Richard T. O'Reilly Award for Outstanding Public Service Campaign and a $10,000 cash prize. The campaign raised international awareness for the lack of donations to Brazil's blood banks by removing the red stripes in the Vitoria F.C.'s uniforms. Blood donations increased by 46 percent in Brazil as a result of the campaign. The Top Winners The agency networks that won the most 2013 ANDY awards are:
- Leo Burnett , with a total of 17 awards (6 Gold, 9 Silver, 1 Bronze, 1 PSA) for London, Bangkok, Sao Paulo, Mumbai, Hong Kong and Milan;
- Wieden + Kennedy, with a total of 11 awards (6 Gold and 5 Silver) for Portland, New York and Sao Paulo;
- BBH, taking home 11 ANDYs (6 Gold, 3 Silver and 2 Bronze) for New York and London;
- Young & Rubicam, winning 7 awards (5 Gold, 1 Silver and 1 Bronze) for Dubai, Malaysia, New York and Mexico City;
- R/GA, winning 3 (3 Gold, one of these being the GRANDY Award) for New York;
- Pereira & O'Dell, taking home 3 (3 Gold) for San Francisco;
- JWT, taking home 3, with 2 Silvers for Shanghai and 1 Bronze for New York;
- TBWA HAKUHODO, winning 3 (1 each of Gold, Silver and Bronze) for Tokyo;
- CHI & Partners, winning 3 Silver awards;
- MJZ, winning 3 (1 each of Gold, Silver and Bronze).
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts