The Alpina Gstaad Offers Opening Package Exclusively For VirtuosoÂ® Guests
NEW YORK, March 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Luxury travel network Virtuoso® unveils the latest hotel in its Preview program to open, The Alpina Gstaad. The property is the first five-star hotel to debut in a century in the legendary Swiss resort. Nestled in the Bernese Alps, The Alpina Gstaad is set among five acres in the exclusive hilltop area of Oberbort, five minutes from the village center. Long a jet-set destination, Gstaad attracts visitors in winter to its 155 miles of slopes, and in spring, summer and fall for golf, tennis, horseback riding, fishing, hiking, river rafting and events.
The property is offering a package exclusively for travelers booking with a Virtuoso travel professional: a complimentary third night with a two-consecutive-night stay in a Junior Suite with views of Les Diablerets glacier; breakfast at Restaurant Sommet's buffet; $111 credit per person in Switzerland's first Six Senses Spa at the hotel; and possible upgrade upon check-in.
A contemporary interpretation of traditional Swiss architecture, The Alpina Gstaad merges elegance with authenticity using local materials such as limestone from Swiss quarries and hand-carved fir from 100-year-old farmhouses. Custom furniture from Italy, France and England and contemporary art add a modern vibe.
The Alpina Gstaad has 25 rooms and 31 suites, all with balconies and Alps views. It features three restaurants: the first European outpost of MEGU; a Swiss stubli; and the contemporary Restaurant Sommet. Other facilities include: a bar and lounge; wine-tasting room; private cinema; cigar lounge; ballroom; children's area; outdoor pool; and an acre and a half of gardens. The 21,500-square-foot Six Senses Spa has a hammam, flotation room, 10 treatment rooms, sauna, steam room, fitness center, whirlpools and 82-foot lap pool.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV