Voice Command, Control And Search On Mobile Phones: Market Analysis & Forecasts
DUBLIN, Ireland, March 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets announces the addition of "Voice Command, Control and Search on Mobile Phones: Market Analysis & Forecasts" to its catalogue.
Despite being primarily a voice device, the mobile phone is largely controlled by non-voice mechanisms. Keypads and touchscreens continue to act as the primary modes of input. However, handsets now sit on the cusp of full command and control through voice, largely being fuelled as smartphone platforms play catch-up with Apple's Siri. This report provides a comprehensive insight into the growing importance of voice command, control and search on handsets, analysing the impact this shift is having on the entire mobile ecosystem, from platform owners to OEMs and from carriers to web-content providers.ARCchart forecasts that 1.8 billion mobile phones with some form of voice control functions will ship globally by 2016, accounting for almost 90% of the handsets shipping that year. Subjecs covered by the report include:
- Evolution of handset voice command - On-device versus remote voice processing - Speech capture, sampling, recognition and verification - Natural language recognition - Voice-driven search - Intuitive assistance and artificial intelligence - Voice control ecosystem - Speech recognition engine suppliers - Company profiles - Market sizing and forecasts - Third-party voice applications - Smartphone platform voice command support - Basic voice control versus Rich voice control Key Questions Answered: - What role do 'answer-service' providers play in voice search? - How can cellular operators take advantage of the rise in voice control? - Which smartphone platforms will be vulnerable because of poor support for voice control? - Will a market still exist for third-party voice command apps? - Will OS platforms be forced to bring speech recognition technology in-house? - How many Rich voice handsets will ship in 2016? - Which region will see the largest shipment of voice control handsets? - How will revenue generated from voice search advertising grow over the coming years? For more information please visit Research and Markets. About Research and Markets
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts