Electronic Benefit Transfer Cards Will Be Unavailable For Several Hours March 23-24
HARRISBURG, Pa., March 20, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Department of Public Welfare is alerting all Electronic Benefit Transfer card users that they will be unable to use their card beginning 11 p.m. March 23 through noon on March 24.
The planned temporary outage, carefully selected to minimize impact to cardholders due to transaction volume, is a result of information technology changes occurring during a change of card vendors. Cardholders will not be able to make any purchases with their card or access their account for information while the transfer is taking place.
The Electronic Benefit Transfer card, often referred to as the EBT card, is a blue card with yellow wording spelling out "ACCESS." The EBT card may contain any of the following benefits: Food Stamps, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families or Medical Assistance.
Clients should be advised that after the transfer:
- Their benefits will not change;
- They can still use the same EBT card they have now;
- They will be able to shop at the same grocery stores and use the same ATM if they are eligible for the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families benefit; and
- The recipient hotline number located on the back of the card will remain the same.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV