Check out Jim Cramer's latest trading recommendations on "Action Alerts Plus".
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Shares of BlackBerry (BBRY) were up more than 5% in today's trading on the heels of a bold analyst upgrade with a $22 price target on the stock, and Jim Cramer told Debra Borchardt at TheStreet.com Wednesday that he thinks the company just might be able to hit that number. Morgan Stanley upgraaded the stock from underweight to overweight.
Cramer said that BlackBerry was one of a cohort of stocks where the balance sheet had been called into question, sending its stock sharply lower. But over time, the company has put those fears to rest and proven that it's a cash cow with plenty of subscribers to help it transition to new technology. Cramer said if BlackBerry can push through the $15.90 level, then it will likely achieve the analysts' $22 price target.
Watch the full Cramer interview
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV