Check out Jim Cramer's latest trading recommendations on "Action Alerts Plus".
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- On the heels of a disappointing quarter from FedEx (FDX), Jim Cramer told Debra Borchardt at TheStreet.com Wednesday that he's betting on rival UPS (UPS) for his charitable trust, Action Alerts PLUS, but that doesn't mean he's counting FedEx out for good.
Cramer said the question remains as to whether the decline at FedEx is cyclical, stemming from a weak economy, or a secular trend away from pricey overnight shipping to more cost-effective ground services, where UPS dominates. If the latter is true, Cramer said it's time to sell FedEx and buy UPS, but for the former, he'd wait for a pullback in FedEx shares and buy in under $100.
Watch the full Cramer interview here.To sign up for Jim Cramer's free Booyah! newsletter, with all of his latest articles and videos, please click here. -- Written by Scott Rutt in Washington. To email Scott about this article, click here: Scott Rutt Follow Scott on Twitter @ScottRutt or get updates on Facebook, ScottRuttDC
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV