1. As of noon trading, Newcastle Investment Corporation ( NCT) is down $0.34 (-3.0%) to $10.80 on heavy volume Thus far, 7.5 million shares of Newcastle Investment Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5.2 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $10.56-$11.25 after having opened the day at $11.25 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $11.14. Newcastle Investment Corp. operates as a real estate investment and finance company in the United States. Newcastle Investment Corporation has a market cap of $2.9 billion and is part of the financial sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 3.9, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 28.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Newcastle Investment Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Newcastle Investment Corporation as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance and compelling growth in net income. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the growth in the company's earnings per share has not been good. Get the full Newcastle Investment Corporation Ratings Report now. It's Official: Action Alerts PLUS beats the S&P 500 with Dividends Reinvested! Cramer and Link were up 16.72% in 2012. Were you? See what they are trading for 14-days FREE If you are interested in one of these 5 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the real estate industry could consider iShares Dow Jones US Real Estate ( IYR) while those bearish on the real estate industry could consider ProShares Short Real Estate Fund ( REK). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts