National Conference To Examine Transformative Effect Of Innovation, Technology On Human-Animal Health, Mutual Bond
American Humane Association, MyPetzLife, and Top Minds in Science, Healthcare, Philanthropy and Business Analyze Implications, Interconnectedness of Human, Animal Welfare
Human-Animal Bond Reexamined for Unsuspected Mutual Benefits
NEW YORK, March 20, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- In the first national conference to focus on the transformative impact of innovation and technology and their crossover applications for human and animal health, America's top leaders in science, medicine, philanthropy, and business will examine how breakthroughs in the fields of human and veterinary health can be accelerated through collaborative research involving all family members (animals and people), especially as catalyzed by new devices and technical advances.
- Dr. Stephen O'Brien (Opening keynote), former Chief of Laboratory of Genomic Diversity at the National Cancer Institute (NCI), National Institutes of Health, and author of Tears of the Cheetah
- Amanda Bowman, Conference Director & Co-founder of MyPetZLife
- Kip Frey, CEO, Dognition, who has a long history of running and investing in start-up companies, including Ventana Communications Group, Accipiter, and OpenSite. Companies Frey has run have generated over $1 billion in investor returns.
- Lara Fontaine, Vice President, Strategy & Portfolio Solutions, Pfizer Inc.
- Dr. Robin Ganzert , President and CEO, and Dr. Patricia Olson , Chief Veterinary Advisor for American Humane Association
- Dr. Clay B. Marsh, Executive Director for Personalized Health Care and Vice Dean for Research at the College of Medicine at Ohio State University
- Michael Mentesana is the Global Pharmaceutical and Life Sciences R&D Advisory Services Leader for PwC. His area of expertise is in leading the development and deployment of new strategies, processes, and technology.
- Dr. Barbara Natterson-Horowitz (Closing keynote), cardiology professor at the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA and author of the acclaimed Zoobiquity
- Dr. James Serpell, Director, Center for the interaction of Animals & Society, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Pennsylvania
- Dr. Jeff Trent , President & Scientific Director for TGen, which focuses on the study of genetic changes related to cancer predisposition and progression
- Dr. Chris Wasden , US leader of PwC Healthcare Strategy & Innovation Practice
- Dr. Brad Weinberg , Founding Partner of Blueprint Health, a healthcare-focused accelerator in NYC
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV