Still, the Rochester Democrat & Chronicle reported nine attorneys general recently called for his ouster because he refuses to grant write-downs of principal on mortgages that remain under water; 45 Congressional Democrats are also calling for DeMarco to go, according to the Huffington Post.
So you have business demanding reform because it wants to make mortgages, liberals demanding reform because they hate the present rules, and a bill to do the job supported by a bipartisan coalition. Does this make FNMA or FMCC worth 85 cents a share?
Just remember, if you're putting money into these stocks today, you're betting that Washington can break through its gridlock and produce something that will make you a profit. The roulette wheel is spinning on that. Want to place the bet?
At the time of publication, the author had no investments in the companies mentioned here. But his mortgage is current.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV