TORONTO, March 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- In total four new areas of mineralization discovered since the start-up of drilling ( October 2012) with two new areas reported in this press release
- Part of a long-term multi-phase drilling program over an extensive land package of approximately 8,850 acres of favorable geology adjacent to Duluth's Twin Metals Project
- Currently completing Phase 1 of the exploration program with Phase 2 to start-up in the spring/summer
- Program continues to target Nickel Lake Macrodike as well as Platinum Group mineralization on the eastern margin of the South Kawishiwi Intrusion
Duluth Metals Limited ("Duluth") (TSX: DM) (TSX:DM.U) is pleased to present results from Phase 1 of the multi-phase exploration program currently underway on Duluth's 100% owned exploration properties in the Duluth Complex, northeast Minnesota. In addition to the two new areas of mineralization press released by the Company on February 5, 2013, and referred to as Areas 1 and 2, the Phase 1 program has found significant mineralization in two other new areas referred to Areas 3 and 4:
- Area 3 - In the Northeast portion of the Nickel Lake Macrodike (NLM), drilling has found copper-nickel-PGE mineralization along the northern wall of the Macrodike.
- Area 4 - Along the eastern edge of the South Kawishiwi Intrusion (SKI), drilling has identified a planar structure with predominant copper mineralization in the Bogberry Lake area.
Furthermore, continued drilling in the Southwest portion of the NLM and previously reported as Area 2, continues to show mineralization along the north wall of the Macrodike. (see press release dated Feb 05, 2013, Duluth Metals Identifies Two New Mineralized Areas on Exploration Lands at http://www.duluthmetals.com for earlier results)
The Phase 1 portion of the exploration program has consisted of geologic mapping, geochemistry, geophysics, and initial drill testing of targets on the properties which cover 8,850 acres of favorable geology adjacent to Duluth's Twin Metals Project (Fig. 1). Phase 2 of the program will take advantage of the spring break-up to compile and interpret geological data and define future drill targets for the balance of 2013. Drilling will also target the deeper portions of the Nickel Lake Macrodike.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts