Nature's Sunshine Products
One stock that insiders are jumping into here is Nature's Sunshine Products (NATR), which produces nutritional supplements and related products. Insiders are buying this stock into modest strength, since shares are up 7% so far in 2013.
Nature's Sunshine Products has a market cap of $244 million and an enterprise value of $173 million. This stock trades at a fair valuation, with a trailing price-to-earnings of 9.72 and a forward price-to-earnings of 9.84. Its estimated growth rate for this year is -7.5%, and for next year it's pegged at 6.8%. This is a cash-rich company, since the total cash position on its balance sheet is $81.31 million and its total debt is just $5.62 million.A director just bought 60,864 shares, or about $931,000 worth of stock, at $14.99 per share. From a technical perspective, NATR is currently trending above both its 50-day and 200-day moving averages, which is bullish. This stock has been uptrending for the last few weeks, with shares moving higher from its low of $13.21 to its recent high of $15.86 a share. During that move, shares of NATR have been mostly making higher lows and higher highs, which is bullish technical price action. That move has now pushed shares of NATR within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade. If you're bullish on NATR, then I would look for long-biased trades as long as this stock is trending above some key near-term support at $14.35, and then once it breaks out above some near-term overhead resistance at $15.86 a share with high volume. Look for a sustained move or close above $15.86 a share with volume that hits near or above its three-month average action of 37,782 shares. If that breakout triggers, then NATR will set up to re-test or possibly take out its next major overhead resistance levels at $17 to $17.50 a share. Any high-volume move above $17.50 will then put $18.21 to $20 into range for shares of NATR.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV