- If demolition is required prior to rebuilding, your gas service will need to be turned off prior to beginning work. Customers in Brooklyn, Queens and Staten Island can call National Grid at 718-643-4050 and on Long Island and the Rockaways at 1-800-930-5003.
- If you have natural gas service, make sure that the vent line on your appliances (dryer, water heater, heating equipment) is properly connected to the outside and is not disturbed by your repair work.
- If you have natural gas service, protect the gas meter and service lines from falling debris. If you are not sure about how to protect the equipment call National Grid for assistance, in some cases this may require temporary interruption of service until the work is complete. Customers in Brooklyn, Queens and Staten Island can call National Grid at 718-643-4050 and on Long Island and the Rockaways at 1-800-930-5003.
- If your appliances have been in contact with water, please contact a licensed plumbing or heating contractor to make sure the appliances are safe to operate.
- Never permit anyone to dig near your underground energy sources.
- Do not plant trees, bushes or shrubs near a natural gas line.
- Never dig anywhere near underground natural gas lines.
National Grid Urges Customers And Communities To Stay Safe This Spring During Sandy Rebuild Projects
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.