RD Legal Offers Funding To Plaintiffs And Plaintiff's Attorneys With Police Abuse Settlements
CRESSKILL, N.J., March 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- According to various news reports, the plaintiffs who sued the Chicago Police Department for abuses they suffered are set to receive $32 million as part of a settlement, reached after years of fighting between the two sides. The plaintiffs, Alton Logan and Christina Eilman, suffered at the hands of the Chicago Police Department for different reasons.
Logan, who previously filed a federal lawsuit, spent over 25 years of his life in prison for a crime he did not commit. He alleged officers covered up evidence that would have proven his innocence. The detectives who handled his case worked under Detective John Burge who is currently in prison for using torture against suspects. Eilman was arrested by the Chicago Police Department and released in a dangerous area where she was raped before she fell from a seventh-story window. Both plaintiffs are set to receive settlements in the millions.
A city council committee in Chicago approved the money for both plaintiffs to receive their settlements. Logan, the victim of the Chicago Police Department torture scandal, is slated to get over $10 million, and Eilman will receive over $22 million. These recent settlements increase the spotlight that is currently on the police department. The city of Chicago is already in the news because of its high crime rate and has recently settled various abuse lawsuits, including one featured on CBS's 60 Minutes.For plaintiffs and attorneys involved with police brutality and sexual abuse litigation, RD Legal Funding, LLC ("RD Legal") is prepared to provide post-settlement advances to accelerate payout of awards and legal fees. For well over a decade, RD Legal has been a leading provider of post-settlement lawsuit funding solutions to both attorneys and plaintiffs.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV