The response is a stark contrast to Toyota's (TM) PR nightmare when it responded poorly to the floor mats trapping foot pedals.
Toyota "denied it, never really communicated with its customers and then had to do a massive recall," notes Schroeder. "I think their brand is still hurting from that."
So what should you do if your business runs into a crisis?
"First step, breathe. Sounds silly but it's very important to relax and then evaluate the situation. As a small business owner, you must obtain a thorough understanding of what caused the negative event
Follow TheStreet on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV