3 Buy-Rated Dividend Stocks
Magellan Midstream Partners L.P (NYSE: MMP) shares currently have a dividend yield of 4.10%. Magellan Midstream Partners, L.P. engages in the transportation, storage, and distribution of petroleum products in the United States. The company has a P/E ratio of 25.47. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Magellan Midstream Partners L.P a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 10 rate it a hold. The average volume for Magellan Midstream Partners L.P has been 600,400 shares per day over the past 30 days. Magellan Midstream Partners L.P has a market cap of $11.1 billion and is part of the energy industry. Shares are up 12.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Magellan Midstream Partners L.P as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- MMP's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 3.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 3.3%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- MAGELLAN MIDSTREAM PRTNRS LP has improved earnings per share by 40.2% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, MAGELLAN MIDSTREAM PRTNRS LP increased its bottom line by earning $1.93 versus $1.83 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.21 versus $1.93).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income increased by 39.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $110.26 million to $153.80 million.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market, MAGELLAN MIDSTREAM PRTNRS LP's return on equity exceeds that of the industry average and significantly exceeds that of the S&P 500.
- 49.80% is the gross profit margin for MAGELLAN MIDSTREAM PRTNRS LP which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 30.56% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- You can view the full Magellan Midstream Partners L.P Ratings Report.
- Our dividend calendar.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts