Vector Group (NYSE: VGR) shares currently have a dividend yield of 10.20%. Vector Group Ltd., through its subsidiaries, engages in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes in the United States. The company has a P/E ratio of 44.60. Currently there are no analysts that rate Vector Group a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Vector Group has been 514,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. Vector Group has a market cap of $1.4 billion and is part of the tobacco industry. Shares are up 5.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Vector Group as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its growth in earnings per share, good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- VECTOR GROUP LTD has improved earnings per share by 5.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. During the past fiscal year, VECTOR GROUP LTD increased its bottom line by earning $0.82 versus $0.56 in the prior year.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $39.42 million or 43.70% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, VECTOR GROUP LTD has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -71.76%.
- 49.00% is the gross profit margin for VECTOR GROUP LTD which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, VGR's net profit margin of 12.24% significantly trails the industry average.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500, but is less than that of the Tobacco industry average. The net income increased by 2.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $17.55 million to $17.93 million.
- VGR, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 0.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 0.8%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full Vector Group Ratings Report.
- Our dividend calendar.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts