THL Credit (NASDAQ: TCRD) shares currently have a dividend yield of 8.60%. THL Credit, Inc. is a private equity and mezzanine firm specializing in mature, bridge, PIPES, industry consolidation, acquisition, recapitalization, change of control transactions, and growth capital investments in both sponsored and unsponsored middle-market companies. The company has a P/E ratio of 11.12. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate THL Credit a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for THL Credit has been 201,600 shares per day over the past 30 days. THL Credit has a market cap of $403.7 million and is part of the financial services industry. Shares are up 1.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. TheStreet Ratings rates THL Credit as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, expanding profit margins, solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- TCRD's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 9.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 50.0%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The stock has not only risen over the past year, it has done so at a faster pace than the S&P 500, reflecting the earnings growth and other positive factors similar to those we have cited here. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- THL CREDIT INC has improved earnings per share by 8.6% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, THL CREDIT INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.26 versus $1.19 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.41 versus $1.26).
- The gross profit margin for THL CREDIT INC is rather high; currently it is at 65.80%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 59.68% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed compared to the Capital Markets industry average, but is greater than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 38.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $7.08 million to $9.78 million.
- You can view the full THL Credit Ratings Report.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts