4 Buy-Rated Dividend Stocks
UIL Holdings Corporation (NYSE: UIL) shares currently have a dividend yield of 4.50%. UIL Holdings Corporation, through its subsidiaries, operates in the regulated utility businesses. It is involved in the purchase, transmission, distribution, and sale of electricity for residential, commercial, and industrial purposes in the southwestern part of the State of Connecticut. The company has a P/E ratio of 19.12. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate UIL Holdings Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for UIL Holdings Corporation has been 267,400 shares per day over the past 30 days. UIL Holdings Corporation has a market cap of $2.0 billion and is part of the utilities industry. Shares are up 8% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. TheStreet Ratings rates UIL Holdings Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in stock price during the past year, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income, revenue growth and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, reflecting both the market's overall trend during that period and the fact that the company's earnings growth has been robust. Looking ahead, unless broad bear market conditions prevail, we still see more upside potential for this stock, despite the fact that it has already risen over the past year.
- UIL HOLDINGS CORP has improved earnings per share by 36.6% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, UIL HOLDINGS CORP increased its bottom line by earning $2.02 versus $1.95 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.22 versus $2.02).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Electric Utilities industry. The net income increased by 35.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $21.29 million to $28.84 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 14.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 12.6%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 130.55% to $86.01 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, UIL HOLDINGS CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 5.45%.
- You can view the full UIL Holdings Corporation Ratings Report.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV