Federal Budget Must Focus On Job Creation, Not More Cutbacks, CAW Cautions
Lewenza called on the government to abandon its ill-advised and punitive EI regulations, which "punish the victims" of unemployment through unprecedented surveillance and relocation requirements.
"There are still 2 million effective unemployed in Canada. The problem is not the attitudes of the jobless; the problem is the lack of jobs. They deserve to be able to access this system when they need it." In 2012 on average, just one in three officially unemployed Canadians could qualify for regular EI benefits, and that number will fall further with the government's new directives.
SOURCE Canadian Auto Workers Union (CAW)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV