SeaChange International (NASDAQ: SEAC), a leading global multi-screen video software innovator, today announced that Sweden’s largest cable television operator, Com Hem, has selected the SeaChange Adrenalin TM video platform for its new TiVo service. Due for rollout later this year, Com Hem’s new offering will include broadcast TV channels, VOD (video-on-demand), catch-up TV and start-over for DVB-based (Digital Video Broadcasting) TiVo set-tops, LAN set-tops, smartphones and tablets.
Com Hem is the fastest growing TV distributor in Sweden. About 40 percent, or 1.75 million, of Sweden’s households are connected to Com Hem's network. This gives them access to Sweden's widest range of TV channels, HDTV, and TV on Demand, as well as high speed broadband and fixed line services. Com Hem is the latest European operator to choose SeaChange’s next generation Adrenalin as a foundation for its VOD services. Adrenalin is based on an open service-oriented architecture which delivers a television experience that scales to serve millions of assets to any video device across multiple network types, either deployed in a network or in a hosted model. SeaChange’s customers across Europe serve an estimated 36 million subscribers on televisions, PCs, tablets and mobile phones.
Com Hem will use the Adrenalin video platform to integrate and manage a wide range of third-party components. These include TiVo’s client solution and other third-party vendors in the ecosystem. SeaChange will provide its Professional Services to handle integration, customization and deployment.
“Com Hem aims to offer subscribers the latest services in compelling bundles. With SeaChange’s technology and services we can do that. The open Adrenalin architecture means we can integrate our existing equipment and systems effortlessly. And because it’s easy to expand, the back office can grow as quickly as we do,” said Jens Persson, Manager R&D, Com Hem.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV