RI Lawmakers Mull Role In Economic Development
PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) â¿¿ An influential panel of state lawmakers is set to discuss state government's role in economic development as the General Assembly continues its focus on the state's lackluster business environment.
The House Finance Committee is scheduled to hear a presentation Wednesday on defining the state's role in economic development given by the Rhode Island Public Expenditure Council, an independent, business-backed group that looks at state policy.
Top lawmakers in the state Senate and House of Representatives have identified the state's economy and business climate as their No. 1 issue this year. The state's January jobless rate was 9.8 percent, putting Rhode Island in a tie with California as the state with the highest unemployment rate in the nation.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV