Peterbilt Motors Company is pleased to announce the availability of the all-new 80” sleeper for the standard-setting Model 579. The new 80” sleeper represents the largest sleeper in Peterbilt’s history and was designed for customers requiring fuel-efficiency, vehicle quality, and amenities to support operator needs.
Peterbilt's New Platinum 80" Sleeper Interior for Model 579 (Photo: Business Wire)
“The Model 579 product breadth continues to expand to serve the needs of customers across market segments, with varying length of hauls and unique driver requirements,” said Bill Kozek, Peterbilt General Manager and PACCAR Vice President. “The new 80” sleeper further enhances the versatility of the Model 579, providing the space, storage and amenities necessary to provide drivers an office and rest environment.”
With a 74 year history of high quality and excellent resale values the Peterbilt sleepers blend outstanding engineering, attention to detail, with a high level of craftsmanship. The new 80” sleeper has a 42” bunk, spacious tower storage cabinets, and LED lighting.
The new 80” sleeper is fully detachable for enhanced resale value and increased versatility in second- and third-life operations. Peterbilt’s refined sleeper line complements the quality, ergonomics, fit and finish characteristics of the Model 579.Additional important features of the 80” sleeper include:
- Microwave shelf with power outlet
- Coffee maker cabinet
- Oversized cup holders
- Convenient upper side and back wall cabinets
- Full-length sleeper access door with optional window
- Liftable bunk for additional storage and service access to HVAC and audio components
- Optimally placed HVAC vents
- Optional mid-height refrigerator
- Floor-level rollout storage / pantry drawer
- TV package, including brackets, power outlets and shelving to accommodate up to a 22” flat panel TV and a DVD player or video game console