NEW YORK, March 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Dow Jones Credit Suisse Hedge Fund Index finished up 0.24% in February. A new monthly commentary offers insight into hedge fund performance through the month of February. Some key findings from the report include:
- Hedge funds, as measured by the Dow Jones Credit Suisse Hedge Fund Index, finished February up 0.24%, with 6 out of 10 strategies in positive territory;
- In total, the industry saw estimated inflows of approximately $3.4 billion in February, bringing overall assets under management for the industry to approximately $1.8 trillion;
- The Fixed Income Arbitrage and Emerging Markets sectors experienced the largest asset inflows on a percentage basis, with inflows in February equal to 1.86% and 1.21% of the January 2013 levels, respectively;
- Event Driven funds sustained overall positive performance in February, mainly led by long exposure to stressed/distressed credit positions, followed by mixed performance from special situation equities; and
- Long/Short Equity funds produced positive returns in February on the back of continued strength across many equity markets. Managers benefitted from exposure to Consumer Staples and Industrials both in U.S. and Europe and also Telecom in the U.S.
Industry commentaries and publications are available in the "News" section of our website,
here to view the full report which includes an overview of February hedge fund performance, in-depth commentary on individual hedge fund sectors and hedge fund return dispersion statistics for each strategy.
About S&P Dow Jones IndicesS&P Dow Jones Indices LLC, a subsidiary of The McGraw-Hill Companies is the world's largest, global resource for index-based concepts, data and research. Home to iconic financial market indicators, such as the S&P 500® and the Dow Jones Industrial Average, S&P Dow Jones Indices LLC has over 115 years of experience constructing innovative and transparent solutions that fulfill the needs of institutional and retail investors. More assets are invested in products based upon our indices than any other provider in the world. With over 830,000 indices covering a wide range of assets classes across the globe, S&P Dow Jones Indices LLC defines the way investors measure and trade the markets. To learn more about our company, please visit www.spdji.com.
About Credit Suisse AGCredit Suisse AG is one of the world's leading financial services providers and is part of the Credit Suisse group of companies (referred to here as 'Credit Suisse'). As an integrated bank, Credit Suisse is able to offer clients its expertise in the areas of private banking, investment banking and asset management from a single source. Credit Suisse provides specialist advisory services, comprehensive solutions and innovative products to companies, institutional clients and high net worth private clients worldwide, and also to retail clients in Switzerland. Credit Suisse is headquartered in Zurich and operates in over 50 countries worldwide. The group employs approximately 47,400 people. The registered shares (CSGN) of Credit Suisse's parent company, Credit Suisse Group AG, are listed in Switzerland and, in the form of American Depositary Shares (CS), in New York. Further information about Credit Suisse can be found at www.credit-suisse.com.Copyright © 2013, CREDIT SUISSE GROUP AG and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV