HARRISBURG, Pa., March 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- As part of its ongoing commitment to provide an outstanding customer experience, Comcast Cable today announced plans to open a new state-of-the-art customer support center this summer in Susquehanna Township, Dauphin County. The company will immediately begin recruiting from across Central Pennsylvania for 425 new positions for the facility. With the new positions, Comcast will have more than 12,000 employees across the state.
Today's announcement underscores Comcast's continued investments in Pennsylvania. In 2011, Comcast's total employee investment, including payroll, payroll taxes, benefits, healthcare, training and tuition reimbursement, totaled almost $1.4 billion. Comcast also contributed more than $58 million in community investments across the state.
"I'd like to thank Comcast for bringing 425 new jobs to Central Pennsylvania," said Pennsylvania Governor Tom Corbett. "By choosing to expand here in Dauphin County, Comcast is enhancing what is already a very significant contribution to Pennsylvania's economy. Comcast is committed to Pennsylvania, and I look forward to continuing to work very closely with the company in the future."
Employees at the new center will provide support for all Comcast residential products and services, handling calls from across the Northeast Division, which serves almost eight million customers in 14 northeastern states from Maine through Virginia and the District of Columbia. Comcast will continue to operate five existing call centers in Pennsylvania."This new facility represents our latest investment in the tools, technologies and people that will help improve our customers' experiences with us," said Paul D'Arcangelo, senior vice president of customer care for Comcast's Northeast Division. "When our customers reach this center, they will be connected with agents who are best equipped to help with their specific needs."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV