March 20, 2013
/PRNewswire/ -- The Electronic Transactions Association (ETA), the trade association of the global electronic payments industry, today announced that a record number of new exhibitors will take part in the 2013 ETA Annual Meeting and Expo in
April 30 to May 2, 2013
. The 50 new exhibitors signed up for the 2013 Expo exceeds the previous record for new exhibitors set in 2012.
"The 2013 ETA Annual Meeting and Expo is the place to do business in the electronic transactions industry, so it's no surprise that more first-time exhibitors than ever before are securing their spots on the exhibit floor," said
, CEO of ETA. "The 2013 Expo is a can't-miss opportunity to show off the latest in electronic payments technology and get cutting-edge electronic payment solutions in front of more than 3,000 professionals from across the industry."
ETA greatly expanded the 2013 Expo over previous years, increasing floor space to 150,000 square feet, making it the largest show in ETA's 23-year history. Currently, only 9 exhibit booths remain available. In addition to the record number of new exhibitors, numerous industry leaders including MasterCard Worldwide, PayPal, Visa Inc. and Discover Network are returning to exhibit.
"We decided to exhibit at the ETA Annual Meeting and Expo because it is the premier tradeshow in the industry and we did not want to miss out on the opportunity," said
, CEO of Tranzlogic, a first-of-its-kind technology firm dedicated to creating new payments solutions. "The ETA Expo is a great way to reach customers and showcase our exciting new product to the payments industry."
"We have been attending the ETA Annual Meeting and Expo for years as attendees, but given how much the conference has grown, we knew we had to exhibit this year and unveil our new product, TRANSAX Gateway, to the entire payments industry," said
Matthew J. Schwartz
, ETA CPP and president of TRANSAX, a cashless payment processing company.
As the world's largest stage for payments innovation, the ETA Annual Meeting and Expo brings together thousands of payments and technology industry executives, venture capitalists and media from ten countries to conduct business, strategize, unveil new products and network. Key conference highlights include:
- Keynote Addresses – David W. Nelms, Chairman and CEO of Discover Financial Services and Michael Abbott, CEO of ISIS
- Educational Supersessions – The largest selection of payments learning opportunities of the entire year, all in one place. Topics include electronic processing, legislation, fraud prevention, marketing, financing, recruiting and revolutionary payment startups
- Exhibit Hall - The exhibit hall features 200 exhibitors across 150,000 square feet at the state-of-the-art Ernest N. Morial Convention Center in the heart of New Orleans. A significant expansion of ETA's 2013 Annual Meeting and Expo – including the brand-new Mobile Pay Zone and the brand-new Payments Next Zone – establishes the ETA show as the hub of activity in the electronic transactions industry.
- ETA's Small Business Forum; How Mobile Payments Grows Small Business - The forum will feature small business owners from New Orleans and payments industry experts discussing how small business can benefit from mobile payment solutions.
- ETA Executive Press Luncheon – A private lunch meeting with ETA CEO, Jason Oxman will include the release of the latest Economic Indicator Report and all-new Mobile Payments Committee consumer resource tips.
Other event highlights include:
- Mobile Payment Innovations 2013, an all-day conference on April 30 full of actionable business information from speakers representing a cross-section of players within the mobile payments ecosystem. Presented in partnership with Strategic Solutions Network, the creators of the industry-renowned Mobile Contactless Payment Innovations series of events.
- Electronic Transactions Association University (ETAU), a series of live, instructor-led, interactive classes that address key facets of the industry that are necessary for expanding attendees' knowledge and expertise
- ETA's Compliance Day, an all-day event on April 30 that will provide critical information on compliance, new standards, card company rules and mandates, and access to experts from card brands and other compliance space entities to get answers to pressing questions.
- ETA's Government Panel, a discussion with the most influential professionals working on payments issues in the U.S. government. Speakers include top officials in both the executive and legislative branches of government including officials from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and Federal Trade Commission.
- The Investment Community Forum, an all-day event on April 30 that brings the payments industry together with the investors and investment companies that can help fund the innovation and entrepreneurial energy that drive the future of payments.
- EMV Day, an all-day event on April 30 for issuers, processors, acquirers and merchant to deliver comprehensive discussion about EMV, the global standard for chip-enabled cards.
For the full schedule of conference and pre-conference events, visit
For more information about ETA's 2013 Annual Meeting and Expo or to register, visit
. For media inquiries, contact Meghan Cieslak, 202.677.7406 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Electronic Transactions Association is an international trade association representing more than 500 companies that offer electronic transaction processing products and services.
ETA's mission is to advance the payments industry profession by providing leadership through education, advocacy and the exchange of information.
SOURCE Electronic Transactions Association