CANTON, Mass., March 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Spring has arrived at Baskin-Robbins as the world's largest chain of ice cream specialty shops today announced the newest addition to its innovative selection of ice cream cakes – the Chick Cake. Bright and cheery on the outside, delicious on the inside with a customizable combination of Baskin-Robbins ice cream and cake, the Chick Cake is sure to be the centerpiece of any table this season. Also available this spring is the Chick Individual Treat, which is the perfect single serving partner to accompany Baskin-Robbins' new Chick Cake.
"At Baskin-Robbins, we're always looking for delicious and festive ways to celebrate different seasons throughout the year with our guests," said Stan Frankenthaler, Baskin-Robbins Executive Chef and Vice President of Innovation at Dunkin' Brands. "This spring, we wanted to create a memorable cake that really brought the season to life with bright colors and a whimsical design. The Chick Cake will not only delight ice cream lovers, but will also effortlessly serve as an impressive centerpiece that will brighten any table."
To help celebrate spring, Baskin-Robbins has partnered with popular craft blogger, Laurie Turk of TipJunkie.com, to share fun and helpful tips for creating the perfect tablescape featuring the Chick Cake this season."I love entertaining and I'm always looking for new ways to surprise my guests with creative and thoughtful touches for a party setting," said Turk. "The Baskin-Robbins Chick Cake is so adorable, it's a centerpiece on its own, and lends itself well to decorative complements that taken together create a fun tablescape that really celebrates the season of spring." Here are Laurie's tips for a "do-it-yourself" tablescape for the Baskin-Robbins Chick Cake:
- Start at the bottom. Decorate from the bottom upward - table cloth, place mat, plate, etc. It's important to have a solid foundation from which to build off. Consider using wrapping paper instead of a plastic table cloth. You still have the benefit of a clean and more sophisticated look, with all of the fun patterns and colors to choose from.
- Add comfort. Objects that grow naturally bring warmth and a comforting feeling to your guests, so be sure to add plants and flowers to your table. This also applies to fabrics and ribbon (such as those made from cotton).
- Layer. Create an eye-catching table by adding dimension and layers to your decor. Instead of putting the napkin on the side of the plate, place it on top with a ribbon for a pop of color. Resist the urge to place things in rows and try putting them on top of each other instead.
- Mix patterns. There are two different types of patterns: organic and geometric. Geometric patterns show straight lines, circles, triangles, rectangles and polygons. Organic patterns are shapes we find in nature like leaves, flowers or waves. The key to mixing patterns is to use one organic and one geometric pattern. Mixing two or more of the same type of pattern becomes messy and makes it hard for the eye to focus.
- Keep it simple. When planning any tablescape, stick with two or three colors. Many times adding a fourth color can quickly take decor from chic to cheap.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV