- Protect your income, as it's your most important asset in your working years. Disability insurance can replace a portion of your income if you were to become disabled and unable to work.
- Review your income and expenses and make sure that you have enough life insurance to provide for your family should you die unexpectedly.
- Manage your longevity risk by deferring as much as possible into tax-advantaged vehicles for retirement saving, including 401k plans, IRAs and permanent life insurance. Check out Northwestern Mutual's LifeSpan Calculator to see how long you could live in retirement.
- Check the designated beneficiaries on all your insurance policies and retirement accounts. Your life circumstances can sometimes change a lot from one year to the next. Be sure to protect your family by keeping your beneficiary information up-to-date.
Americans Proactively Managing Risk In Long-Term Financial Security Planning
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.