McLaren 12C Spider Challenges Snowboarder In New Short Film
NEW YORK, March 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- Pikes Peak record holder Rhys Millen and Winter X-Games snowboarder Chanelle Sladics "race" through the Rocky Mountains
- Video shows McLaren 12C Spider driving on Loveland Pass can be viewed and embedded via the official McLaren Automotive YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/McLarenAutomotiveTV
- Video produced and directed by J.F. Musial from www.youtube.com/DRIVE
To mark the start of deliveries of the 12C Spider in North America, McLaren Automotive has released a new short film. Shot at the notoriously treacherous Loveland Pass in Colorado, the 12C Spider navigates the tricky, snow-covered route "racing" against professional snowboarder Chanelle Sladics.
The 12C Spider is being driven in the video by Rhys Millen. The Native New Zealander is the current overall record holder for the Pikes Peak International Hill Climb, 2005 Formula Drift champion and 2008 Drifting World Champion. Rhys has appeared in over 500 commercials spanning 20 years and films including several appearances within the Fast and the Furious franchise, Indiana Jones and is currently working on a new film project soon to be released. " With a familiar background in Hill Climb competitions and a native New Zealander myself, on the eve of this 50 year celebration for McLaren it was an honor to have driven the 12C Spider up the twisty snowy mountain roads."Professional snowboarder Chanelle Sladics co-stars in the video, taking the 12C Spider to task as she takes the most direct route across the snow covered landscape. Sladics is an 8 time competitor at the winter X-Games and has hosted snowboarding competitions on ESPN. At 11,990 feet (3,655 m) above sea level, Loveland is the highest mountain pass in the world that stays open during the winter months.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts