On Tuesday, the San Jose-based firm reported earnings of 35 cents a share on $1 billion in revenue. Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters were looking for earnings of 31 cents a share on $986 million in revenue.
Adobe shares surged on the results, and were up 5.52% to $43 before market open. The company was also one of the most active premarket Nasdaq stocks on share volume of 272,381.
BlackBerry (BBRY) was another big gainer, rising 5.39% to $15.84, lifted by positive analyst sentiment. Morgan Stanley (MS) analyst Ehud Gelblum has upgraded the Canadian handset maker to "overweight" from "underweight" and raised his price target to a Wall Street high of $22. Gelblum believes that gross margins from the new BlackBerry 10 phones will add to BlackBerry's earnings this year.The phone giant was another active Nasdaq stock on share volume of 1,976,248. Zynga (ZNGA) shares, however, dipped 1.73% to $3.41 while SiriusXM (SIRI) shares crept up 0.33% to $3.07. Facebook (FB) gained 0.49% to $26.68. --Written by James Rogers in New York. Follow @jamesjrogers >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV