SUNNYVALE, Calif., March 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Ruckus Wireless, Inc. (NYSE: RKUS) announced today that its Ruckus ZoneFlex™ 7982 indoor three-stream (3x3:3) 802.11n access point (AP) and Ruckus ZoneFlex 7782 3x3:3 dual-band outdoor AP Series with Ruckus BeamFlex™ technology meet test requirements for use by various U.S. railway systems in their commuter train and subway stations and platforms across the country.
These indoor and outdoor Ruckus APs meet requirements of the following tests:
- EN 61373:2010 Railway applications - Rolling stock equipment - Shock and vibration;
- EN 50121-1:2006 Railway applications - Electromagnetic compatibility - Part 1: General, and;
- EN 50121-4:2006 Railway applications - Electromagnetic compatibility - Part 4: Emission and immunity of the signaling and telecommunications apparatus tests.
These tests, utilized by railway systems across the U.S., are overseen by CENELEC, through its close collaboration with the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC). They involved subjecting these Ruckus APs to shock and vibration, random vibration, and long-life vibration, and measuring supply surge, transients, radio frequency (RF) susceptibility, and RF emissions.Meeting these test requirements means that Ruckus Smart Wi-Fi technology can now be deployed to enable high-performance wireless LANs (WLANs) trackside on railway systems nationwide, providing an exceptional user experience for data-hungry users of mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets. This is especially important for those who commute on a daily basis and demand Wi-Fi access both while on and off their trains. Smart Wi-Fi Inside the Station The ZoneFlex 7982 is the industry's highest performing, highest capacity 3-stream enterprise AP, delivering consistent performance and maintaining stable connections within high-capacity environments and to mobile devices that constantly change their location and orientation. The simple variation of a device's orientation can account for up to a 5x performance degradation among Wi-Fi products unable to adapt to such changes. To address these challenges, the ZoneFlex 7982 is the only three-stream, dual-band 802.11n access point to combine dynamic polarization diversity with adaptive antenna arrays and transmit beamforming to give customers up to a 4x improvement in Wi-Fi performance, signal gain and reception with BeamFlex+. Capable of supporting up to 500 clients per device, the ZoneFlex 7982 is ideal for use in high-density public venues such as train and subway stations.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV