Demand Media® (NYSE: DMD), a leading digital media and domain services company, today announced the opening of what will be its largest international office in Dublin, Ireland. With an international presence that currently includes offices in Toronto, Buenos Aires and London, Demand Media’s Dublin office will serve as the international headquarters for the company’s domain services business. The team in the new location is focused on preparing for the historic change about to take place on the Internet, as thousands of new domain names, called new Top Level Domains (TLDs), come to market later this year. To lead the new Dublin operation during this pivotal time in the domain business, the company has hired David Ryan as General Manager, most recently with Fortune 500 Company Electronic Arts.
Located in Center City Dublin, the office models that of a technology start-up, and the company is seeking talent with experience across all functions, including product engineering, sales & marketing, IT, finance, operations and customer support, and expects to employ between 20 and 40 people within the next year. The Demand Media team will be based at One Clarendon Row, located next to the historic Gaiety Theatre and St. Stephen’s Green. As a part of the company’s expansion, Demand Media partnered with the Irish Department of Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation through IDA Ireland, the country’s premiere investment promotion agency, to set up and develop the new location.
“We are excited to expand our business into the thriving tech scene of Dublin,” commented Dave Panos, executive vice president of emerging markets for Demand Media. “At such an exhilarating time in the domain services industry with the upcoming launch of new TLDs, we are eager to recruit creative and high-energy professionals who are up to the challenge of taking the lead in the changing Internet landscape.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV