8x8, Inc. (NASDAQ: EGHT), provider of innovative cloud communications solutions, today announced that it has been awarded a new patent related to its communications technologies. On March 19, 2013, the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office issued United States Patent number 8,401,003 entitled “Method and System for Updating Physical Location Information.”
This patent relates to a method and system for updating physical location data associated with a Voice over Internet Protocol (“VoIP”) endpoint. The invention utilizes address and state information available to the VoIP endpoint device to facilitate an update of the physical location data associated with a VoIP host server via the VoIP endpoint device.
Since its establishment in 1987, 8x8 has been awarded eighty-six (86) United States patents covering a variety of voice and video communications, signaling, processing and storage technologies. 8x8’s Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Bryan Martin, is a named inventor on the newly issued patent.
About 8x8, Inc.8x8, Inc. (NASDAQ: EGHT) empowers business conversations for more than 30,000 small and medium-sized businesses with cloud communications services that include hosted PBX telephony, unified communications, contact center and video conferencing solutions. The company has been delivering business communications services since 2004 and has garnered a reputation for technical excellence and outstanding reliability. In 2012, 8x8 was named a market “leader” in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) in North America and recognized as the No. 1 Provider of Hosted IP Telephony by Frost & Sullivan. For additional information, visit www.8x8.com, or connect with 8x8 on Facebook and Twitter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV