March 20, 2013
/PRNewswire/ -- Prom 2013 shopping season is in full swing, and teens everywhere can't wait to find that perfect and oh-so stylish dress. But for girls who wear a size 14 or larger shopping for their dream gown can quickly become a nightmare.
The fit of a typical prom dress, originally designed for skinny teens, fails to flatter real curves. The selection of fashionable styles remains slim. And to make the situation worse, there's limited supply of those designs.
That's not the case at
's Closet, a specialty apparel company, designed to make shopping for a
plus-size Prom dress
a dream-come-true rite of passage. "We're the only dress manufacturer in the U.S. dedicated exclusively to making Prom dresses ahead of the fashion curve in hard-to-find plus sizes 14 to 32," says
Phyllis Brasch Librach
, president and founder of
's Closet. "Our sample size is 18 not size 6 and in our warehouse in
we stock thousands of trendy dresses ready to ship."
Librach offers these top 10 tips for having a fun and fabulous experience shopping for a plus size Prom dress:
- Shop early: start in January
- You don't have to wear black to look thin
- Take your bust, waist and hips measurements; keep handy on cell phone or write it down
- Fit matters most, not size
- Shape wear is not an option; it's a requirement
- Avoid side zippers
- Look for lace-up backs for an easy fit and fewer alterations
- When in doubt, go with an A-line design; it flatters any body type
- Always plan on alterations for a perfect fit
- Your best accessory is your smile
Librach remains passionate about designing prom frocks that rock for plus size teens. "Our Prom gown collection has never looked so good," she says, pointing out her recent designs featured on the pages of O, Oprah magazine, Teen Prom and Seventeen. "The greatest compliment we can get is when teens who wear size 4 or 6 ask if
's Closet designs come in their size," says Librach. "And we have to tell them 'no'."
Loyal customers consider Librach a modern-day fairy Godmother who waves a fashion wand so that dream-come-true Prom dresses magically appear in a flash.