Sydney's Closet Guide To Stress-free Shopping For Plus Size Prom Dresses
ST. LOUIS, March 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Prom 2013 shopping season is in full swing, and teens everywhere can't wait to find that perfect and oh-so stylish dress. But for girls who wear a size 14 or larger shopping for their dream gown can quickly become a nightmare.
The fit of a typical prom dress, originally designed for skinny teens, fails to flatter real curves. The selection of fashionable styles remains slim. And to make the situation worse, there's limited supply of those designs.
That's not the case at Sydney's Closet, a specialty apparel company, designed to make shopping for a plus-size Prom dress a dream-come-true rite of passage. "We're the only dress manufacturer in the U.S. dedicated exclusively to making Prom dresses ahead of the fashion curve in hard-to-find plus sizes 14 to 32," says Phyllis Brasch Librach, president and founder of Sydney's Closet. "Our sample size is 18 not size 6 and in our warehouse in St. Louis we stock thousands of trendy dresses ready to ship."Librach offers these top 10 tips for having a fun and fabulous experience shopping for a plus size Prom dress:
- Shop early: start in January
- You don't have to wear black to look thin
- Take your bust, waist and hips measurements; keep handy on cell phone or write it down
- Fit matters most, not size
- Shape wear is not an option; it's a requirement
- Avoid side zippers
- Look for lace-up backs for an easy fit and fewer alterations
- When in doubt, go with an A-line design; it flatters any body type
- Always plan on alterations for a perfect fit
- Your best accessory is your smile
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV