Just in time for the first day of Spring, Aqua Pennsylvania, Inc. (Aqua) today announced it plans to make $239 million in infrastructure improvements in Pennsylvania throughout 2013.
Aqua’s planned capital spending across its Pennsylvania operating divisions includes:
- $185 million throughout its Southeastern Pennsylvania operating division, which comprises parts of Bucks, Chester, Delaware, and Montgomery counties
- $2.5 million throughout its Susquehanna operating division, which comprises parts of Athens Township, and Athens, South Waverly and Sayre boroughs
- $10 million throughout its White Haven operating division, which comprises parts of Wyoming, Lackawanna, Luzerne, Lehigh, Monroe, Northampton, Schuylkill, Susquehanna and Carbon counties
- $13 million throughout its Honesdale operating division, which comprises parts of Lackawanna, Monroe, Pike and Wayne counties
- $16 million throughout its Roaring Creek operating division, which comprises parts of Adams, Columbia, Cumberland, Juniata, Northumberland, Schuylkill and Snyder counties
- $12 million throughout its Shenango operating division, which comprises parts of Lawrence, Mercer, Forest, Crawford, Venango, Clarion, Warren and Clearfield counties.
“Aqua’s 2013 infrastructure improvement projects underscore our continued efforts to renew and rehabilitate our water and wastewater systems and replace the aging areas of our distribution systems that deliver water to our customers throughout the Commonwealth,” said Aqua Pennsylvania President Steve Tagert. “These types of investments are critical to ensuring that we are maintaining our systems and protecting public health by complying with state and federal water quality regulations and providing reliable water and wastewater service to our customers in the most efficient way possible.”
This year’s program comes on the heels of the company’s 2012 capital program, which included $259 million in similar improvements throughout the Commonwealth.Aqua Pennsylvania serves approximately 1.4 million people in 31 counties throughout the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Visit www.aquaamerica.com for more information. WTRG
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts