Redefine Price And Performance For Carrier Ethernet And Packet Transport
SUZHOU, China, March 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Centec Networks, a leading innovator of IP/Ethernet switching silicon and advanced turnkey system solutions, today announced it has expanded its family of advanced packet-processing chipsets to include third-generation switching silicon GreatBelt series, integrates Layer 2 through Layer 4 packet-processing engine and advanced traffic manager. GreatBelt provides cost, performance and power advantages and feature differentiations for OEMs to build competitive Access and Aggregation systems, targeting Carrier Ethernet and Packet Transport applications.
GreatBelt provides 120Gbps switching capacity and supports adaptive interface speed including 1GE/2.5GE/XAUI/QSGMII/XFI via SmartPort TM technology. It integrates large internal memory for look up table and patented Flexible Table Management (FTM TM ) to enable application tailored memory allocation with up to 128K MAC addresses or up to 64K LPM routes.
Taking the advantages of IBM's low power 45nm technology and embedded TCAM and DRAM technologies, GreatBelt has industry leading power performance with 15W typical power consumption at maximum capacity, which is 40% less than other comparable solutions.
GreatBelt is built upon Centec's carrier grade Service Oriented N-Cube TM Architecture for rapid and easy carrier service deployment and management. GreatBelt inherits all features from Centec's second generation switching silicon and strengthened with the latest innovations for Carrier Ethernet and Packet Transport.
- Built-in industrial's most comprehensive OAM engine, supports Ethernet OAM/ MPLS-TP OAM ( Y.1731 and BFD based) and IP/MPLS OAM (BFD) for both PTN and IP-RAN;
- Both UP and DOWN MEPs for service OAM and Performance Monitoring;
- Linear and ring based hierarchical protection switching for both service level and transport level protection;
- Hierarchical scheduling/shaping and MEF's new HBWP for more efficient service SLA management;
- Service Activation Test and RFC2544 throughput test for service tune up testing;
- One-step IEEE1588v2 Transparent Clock and PTP's MPLS encapsulation for 1588 over MPLS and MPLS-TP networks;
- Support for MPLS-TP Shared Ring Protection (MSRP) draft and L2VPN/L3VPN gateway function to address specific requirements by leading carriers in China;
- Featured SDN innovation such as multi-stage flow table with up to 32K hash based flow entries for future proof SDN networks.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts