DALLAS, March 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NASDAQ: TXN) today introduced a complete reference design that provides designers all the analog and embedded processing integrated circuits (ICs) required for automotive emergency call (eCall) systems. Vehicles equipped with eCall systems will automatically place calls to an emergency service center in the event of an accident. Customers can accelerate the design of their eCall systems by taking advantage of this reference solution comprised of AEC-Q100 qualified analog ICs from TI.
Featuring the TPA3111D1-Q1 high efficiency mono Class D audio amplifier and the TPS43330-Q1, single-boost, dual synchronous buck controller with ultra low quiescent current, TI's automotive eCall reference design offers a robust, low-cost solution that is scalable for other automotive applications, such as telematics, stolen vehicle tracking and HEV/EV sound generation. It also incorporates the TLV70033-Q1 voltage regulator with low quiescent current and the MSP430F2232 16-bit ultra-low power microcontroller. For more information, to order samples or to download the reference design, visit www.ti.com/autoecallrefdesign-pr.
Key features and benefits of TI's automotive eCall reference design:
- Loud and clear audio quality: The TPA3111D1-Q1 delivers 10-W output power at 8 Ohm with greater than 90 percent efficiency, and offers enhanced EMI suppression to improve sound immunity. This ensures loud and clear audio quality; which is imperative in an eCall system where external conditions can sometimes overwhelm the emergency call.
- Emergency operation: The TPS43330-Q1 pre-boost circuit supports automotive start/stop and boosts back-up battery supply voltage, allowing operation down to 2 V at the input. Combined with the Class D amplifier's wide supply voltage range of 8 V to 26 V, the components in this reference design can be powered by a single-cell LiFePO4 battery, in case the car battery connection is severed in an accident.
- System protection: The components offered in this system provide over-voltage and load dump protection against input transients of up to 40 V. The Class D amplifier also supports power cycling and speaker open-load detection during initial power-up. These features ensure robust operation in harsh automotive environments and simplify failure analysis.
Tools and support:Learn more about TI's automotive eCall and telematics solution by watching the demonstration video at www.ti.com/automotiveecallvideo-pr. For more information, to order samples or to download the reference design, visit www.ti.com/autoecallrefdesign-pr.Availability, packaging and pricing TI's automotive eCall reference design schematics and supporting software are available for immediate download from www.ti.com/autoecallrefdesign-pr. The featured components are also available for immediate order. The TPA3111D1-Q1 is available in a 28-pin HTSSOP package, and is priced at US$0.90 in 1,000-unit quantities. The TPA3111D1-Q1 evaluation module (EVM) is available for immediate orders and priced at US$149.00. Order samples, the EVM and download the simulation model at www.ti.com/tpa3111d1-q1-pr. The TPS43330-Q1 is available in a 38-pin HTSSOP package and is priced at US$3.00 in 1,000-unit quantities. The TPS43330-Q1 evaluation module (EVM) is available for immediate orders and priced at US$99.00. Order samples, the EVM and download the simulation model at www.ti.com/tps43330-q1-pr. The TLV70033-Q1 is available in a 5-pin SOT package and is priced at US$0.15 in 1,000-unit quantities. Order samples, the EVM and download the simulation model at www.ti.com/tlv70033-q1-pr. The commercial grade MSP430F2232 is available in a 40-pin VQFN package or a 38-pin TSSOP package and is available upon request at www.ti.com/msp430f2232-pr. Texas Instruments drives automotive innovation TI's state-of-the-art semiconductor products allow manufacturers and system suppliers to deliver world-class features to the automotive market. Our extensive automotive portfolio includes analog power management, interface and signal chain solutions, along with DLP ® displays, ADAS and infotainment processors, Hercules™ TMS570 safety microcontrollers and wireless connectivity solutions. TI offers SafeTI™ parts designed to facilitate OEMs' compliance with the requirements of ISO 26262, as well as parts specifically designated as compliant with the AEC-Q100 and TS16949 standards, all with excellent product documentation. Click here to learn more. Find out more about TI's automotive and transportation portfolio by visiting the links below:
- View TI's complete automotive and transportation portfolio: www.ti.com/automotive-pr.
- Download TI's Automotive and Transportation Selection Guide: www.ti.com/automotiveguide-pr.
- Join the TI E2E ™ Automotive Community: www.ti.com/e2eautomotive-pr.
- Keep up with the latest automotive happenings at TI: www.ti.com/behindthewheel-pr.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts