NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Today, I am profiling six companies that report quarterly results either after the close today, pre-market, or after the close on Thursday or pre-market on Friday. Three are in the computer & technology sector, one is a sell-rated home builder in the construction sector, and two are in the retail-wholesale sector.
Last week we received two conflicting consumer related economic releases, one a positive for the labor market, the other a negative on consumer sentiment. Both charts shown are courtesy of "dshort - Advisor Perspectives."
On the labor front, we now have a positive trend for weekly initial jobless claims, where the four-week moving average has declined below the recessionary 350,000 threshold, to 346,750.
If this trend continues the unemployment rate should begin to fall towards the 6.5%
FOMC target, where QE3 and QE4 may begin to end. We will learn more about this from the FOMC this afternoon.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV