NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Today, I am profiling six companies that report quarterly results either after the close today, pre-market, or after the close on Thursday or pre-market on Friday. Three are in the computer & technology sector, one is a sell-rated home builder in the construction sector, and two are in the retail-wholesale sector.
Last week we received two conflicting consumer related economic releases, one a positive for the labor market, the other a negative on consumer sentiment. Both charts shown are courtesy of "dshort - Advisor Perspectives."
On the labor front, we now have a positive trend for weekly initial jobless claims, where the four-week moving average has declined below the recessionary 350,000 threshold, to 346,750.
If this trend continues the unemployment rate should begin to fall towards the 6.5%
FOMC target, where QE3 and QE4 may begin to end. We will learn more about this from the FOMC this afternoon.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV