KING OF PRUSSIA, Pa., March 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Beyond.com, The Career Network focused on helping people grow and succeed professionally, today announced that they have launched an all-new Career Portfolio, a compelling, engaging and visually-informative snapshot of a person's career that can supplement a traditional resume. This new tool, available for free to the over 30 million members of the Beyond.com community, maps career accomplishments into a timeline, allowing recruiters and HR professionals to quickly scan for the most relevant information on the candidate.
Career Portfolio creates a pictorial layout that transforms often restrictive resume templates into compelling storyboards of a person's career. The end result is an infographic that serves as a vibrant representation of all relevant work experience, skills, education, certifications and interests. The average recruiter only spends 30 seconds or less on a candidate's resume and the Career Portfolio's concise gathering of data is a highly efficient and effective way to convey large amounts of information quickly and clearly.
"The traditional resume is hard to decipher, at least efficiently, and is as inspiring as a brick," said renowned HR expert Peter Weddle, CEO of WEDDLE's, a research and publishing firm. "In today's hypercompetitive job market, job seekers need a way to stand out, and I think that Beyond.com's Career Portfolio is a big step in the right direction."The moment Career Portfolio launched, over 27 million people transformed their traditional resumes, giving them the option of supplementing any traditional professional career material with something much more unique. While traditionally formatted resumes blend together when placed side-by-side, Career Portfolio separates job candidates from the competition and presents information in an easily digestible format. With almost 4 billion resumes sent out annually, there is extensive frustration among job seekers that their communication to prospective employers is lost in a sea of sameness. While the economy is certainly a factor in the increased competition, Beyond.com conducted a comprehensive survey of HR professionals and recruiters to find out why candidates might remain anonymous among the masses:
- 55% of respondents thought that "job seekers do not know how to use the traditional resume format effectively"
- 67% of all respondents thought that one of the most common mistakes job seekers make is "not clearly demonstrating relevant skills and expertise"
- The majority of respondents (58%) said that an infographic-style resume would enable them to evaluate candidates better and/or faster
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV