LOUISVILLE, Ky., March 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --Navistar International Corporation (NYSE: NAV) showcased its initial production build of the International ® ProStar ® truck equipped with MaxxForce ® 13 with SCR, today at the 2013 Mid-America Trucking Show. The company has announced that customer deliveries are beginning next month.
"This signals yet another key milestone in our operating plan and further demonstrates our commitment to delivering value for our customers," said Jack Allen, president North America Truck and Parts, Navistar. "Our customers are the focal point of everything we do, and this technology was implemented with their needs top-of-mind."
ProStar with MaxxForce 13 with SCR offers fleets and drivers the efficient power of a big bore engine with lighter weight components to maximize payload. Its design and compacted graphite iron (CGI) block construction make it one of the lightest weight 13-liter engines in the industry. Horsepower options range from 365 to 475 with 1,250-1,700 lb,-ft. of torque and the engine delivers excellent fuel economy and performance.The MaxxForce 13 features the proven Cummins Emission Solutions after-treatment system and includes numerous improvements to the turbochargers, EGR valves, high and low temperature coolers and exhaust bellows. The electronic control module recalibration to the SCR system will help the engine deliver more advanced fuel economy and improved overall power and throttle response. With more than 70,000 vehicles on the road, the ProStar with MaxxForce 13 combination has proven durability. During the implementation of SCR, the vehicles underwent rigorous testing and validation, accumulating nearly six million miles through a diverse range of climates, altitudes and conditions. The remaining lineup of International heavy-duty truck models will transition to SCR-based clean engine technology in a phased launch throughout the year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV