Texas Rare Earth Resources Defines Heavy Rare Earth Mineralogy And Discloses Initial Leaching Characteristics Of Round Top Deposit
- Yttrium recoveries as high as 94% as tested by independent lab
- Mineralogy suggests possible, simple sulfuric acid leaching process
SIERRA BLANCA, Texas, March 20, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Texas Rare Earth Resources Corp. (OTCQX:TRER) ("Texas Rare Earth"), a heavy rare earths exploration company, is pleased to announce that testing done at Hazen Research Inc of Golden, Colorado has identified Yttrofluorite as the primary Rare Earth Element (REE) bearing mineral in samples provided by TRER from the Round Top Deposit. More significantly, this mineral also carries the majority of the high commercial value Heavy Rare Earth Elements (HREE). Yttrofluorite, due to its relative ease of dissolution in sulfuric acid as demonstrated in laboratory tests at Hazen, offers a distinct economic advantage over other less reactive HREE minerals.
QEMSCAN analysis at Hazen Research Inc has tentatively identified the primary REE bearing minerals in the Round Top deposit as Yttrofluorite (0.06 wt%), Bastnäsite (0.01 wt%), Xenotime (<0.01 wt%), and Monazite (<0.01 wt%).
Dan Gorski, CEO, stated: "One of the most important factors that determines the production costs of a rare earth deposit is the mineral that contains the REE and its ease of processing. We are pleased to have preliminary confirmation that the HREE mineral present at our Round Top project is likely amenable to simple processing. The potential of higher recovery rates than as cited in our June 2012 Preliminary Economic Assessment (PEA) bodes well for future capital costs and hence potential economic viability of our Round Top project."Preliminary leach tests that have been run on whole ore samples at Hazen have yielded yttrium recoveries as high as 94% at 90-95°C at a sulfuric acid strength of 100 gm/liter (approximately 10%). Recoveries of other REEs are pending analysis being done at Actlabs in Canada and results will be disclosed shortly. Work continues on optimizing the leach parameters and on pre-concentration by flotation and/or magnetic separation. The potential for heap leaching the Round Top Deposit is also being considered.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV