Actuate Corporation (NASDAQ: BIRT), The BIRT Company ™ – delivering more insights to more people than all BI companies combined, today announced they will lead four technical presentations at EclipseCon 2013, held in Boston, Mass., March 25-28, 2013. EclipseCon is the annual technical conference of the Eclipse Foundation. The Conference focuses on the latest innovations in both the Eclipse community and the software industry.
EclipseCon 2013 includes 140 technical sessions and 18 tutorials over four intense days. The conference features tracks on:
- Eclipse 4: Sessions on migrating to Eclipse 4, and case studies of companies building applications based on Eclipse 4
- Mobile and Device Development: Sessions on Android, 3D printing, machine-to-machine development, embedded C++, and more
- Eclipse Modeling: Sessions on EMF, CDO, and domain specific languages
- EclipseRT: Sessions on Eclipse Equinox, RAP, EclipseLink and more
Virgil Dodson, Director, BIRT Exchange Evangelists at Actuate, will conduct the technical session entitled, “Big Data and Business Intelligence.” This session will cover in detail how to retrieve and visualize data from Big Data sources using BIRT. The presentation will also focus on where and why Big Data is being mined, what applications are being created to manage it, and what benefits are being realized from Big Data insights by companies who have taken the leap.
“In this session, we’ll go hands-on with the Eclipse Business Intelligence and Reporting Tools (BIRT) project, created and co-founded by Actuate,” said Dodson. “BIRT offers native support to Hadoop, and we’ll cover how BIRT can access Cassandra and MongoDB, among other Big Data tools. We’ll also demonstrate the extremely flexible BIRT Designer software, which allows data visualization in a stylized tabular or graphical form.” Reports created using BIRT can include dynamic drill through, interactivity, and can be exported to various formats, such as PDF, HTML, XLS, and ODT.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts