March 20, 2013
- Research and Markets (
) has announced the addition of the "Autoimmune Disease Therapeutics to 2016. Targets, Technologies, Therapies, Markets and Opportunities" report to their offering.
As a group, autoimmune diseases represent one of the most intractable families of conditions facing medical science. The complexities and genetic underpinnings of the human immune response result in a set of disease targets that are at once physiologically ubiquitous and highly individualized. Until recently, autoimmune disease patients were given little hope for an effective treatment. But the convergence of improved understanding of autoimmune disease mechanisms and the availability of recombinant cytokines has led to systemic treatments that, while not devoid of side effects, have demonstrated the ability to control autoimmune reactions in a significant number of patients. A number of potentially important pipeline drugs hold the promise of future improvements in outcomes for autoimmune disease patients.
This study analyzes current autoimmune therapeutics and assesses the next-generation of candidates and their probable impact on treatment options and the competitive landscape.
- Analyzes current therapeutic options for autoimmune diseases, and evaluates emerging therapeutic candidates and assesses their commercial potential
- Assesses existing and evolving immune disease mechanisms and treatment strategies
- Analyzes more than two dozen existing and emerging autoimmune disease targets and target-specific therapeutic drug products
- Evaluates regional and global opportunities for autoimmune therapeutics
- Provides market data and forecasts for six major autoimmune disease segments to 2016
Autoimmune Therapeutics Segment Dynamics
Sector Market Dynamics Patient Demographics and Growth Chronic Disease and Self-administration Managed Care and Prescribing Trends Factors Limiting Growth Industry Alignment and Competitive Landscape
Autoimmune Therapeutic Market Assessments
Arthritis Disease Forms and Immune Mechanisms Therapeutic Strategies Disease Demographics and Growth Key Approved Therapies Development-stage Candidate Assessment Market Factors Commercial Outlook and Forecasts