NEW YORK, March 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- American Realty Capital Properties, Inc. ("ARCP") (NASDAQ: ARCP) announced today that on March 19, 2013, it sent to the Board of Directors of Cole Credit Property Trust III, Inc. ("CCPT III") an offer to acquire 100% of the outstanding common stock of CCPT III for at least $12 per share, or $5.7 billion, in cash and stock. The transaction, valued at more than $9 billion including assumption of debt, would create the largest and highest quality publicly traded REIT in the net lease sector.
The fully financed proposal offers CCPT III stockholders:
- Consideration: (i) $12.00 per share in cash or (ii) 0.80 shares of ARCP common stock for each share of CCPT III common stock, with a guarantee that the value of the stock consideration will not be less than $12.00 per share. This offer represents at least a 20% premium to the original CCPT III offer price of $10.00 per share.
- Dividend Increase: An increase of ARCP's dividend to 93 cents per share upon closing, meaning all CCPT III stockholders who elect stock consideration will receive an equivalent dividend of 74.4 cents per share ( 93 cents x 0.80), a 15% increase ( 9.4 cents per share) over CCPT III's current 65 cents per share dividend.
- Integration and Operating Synergies: ARCP currently estimates that general and administrative (G&A) savings will be not less than $30 million annually. The majority of CCPT III's real estate assets are net lease properties similar to ARCP's existing portfolio, resulting in seamless integration and minimal additional resources or ongoing expense requirements.
ARCP's offer is designed to provide CCPT III's stockholders with a tax-free exchange and instant liquidity, as there will be no lockup and all ARCP shares will be immediately tradable on NASDAQ with significant market support and numerous index inclusions at or subsequent to closing. The offer also provides CCPT III shareholders certainty of execution, timing and value. The cash component of ARCP's proposal is fully funded by cash on hand and borrowing capacity under ARCP's existing line of credit.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts