ADTRAN®, Inc., (NASDAQ:ADTN), a leading provider of next-generation networking solutions, today announced a significant expansion of its award-winning Optical Networking Edge (ONE) solution. The new single slot Carrier Ethernet module supports 8x10GE optical transport with Ethernet switching, and enables efficient, high-capacity access/edge to the metro core interconnect. The new module also expands the service delivery, aggregation and transport capacity of the Total Access ® 5000, a 21 usable slot system, to more than 200Gbps per slot. This gives service providers an increased level of scalable reliability to more effectively respond to the demand for premium services.
With enterprise customers migrating to cloud services, mobile networks consuming more IP data than voice, and residential customers watching unprecedented quantities of videos online, the need for bandwidth continues to explode. As a result, access and edge networks are now required to scale from 1Gbps and 2.5Gbps to multiple 10Gbps with an easy path for future upgrades to 100Gbps. ADTRAN’s ONE solution suite integrates a right-sized packet optical solution with Broadband Access and Carrier Ethernet service delivery enabling seamless networking from access to core via wavelength, OTN or MEF-compliant Carrier Ethernet switching. This allows service providers the ability to quickly and cost-effectively deploy the premium services demanded by enterprise and residential customers regardless of the associated bandwidth requirements.
The new module, the Ethernet Transport Optical Switch (ETOS-10), is built upon the highly successful 1 Gigabit Ethernet (GE) service centric ETOS-1 and continues to deliver carrier-grade redundancy and protection for various applications. The primary features and benefits are as follows:
- Expanded premium services scalability supporting the rollout of 10Gbps enterprise and datacenter services, 1Gbps 4G/LTE mobile backhaul services and 100Mbps residential broadband services delivery.
- Reduced time-to-revenue via the increased network simplicity gained from the support of end-to-end multi-ring, mesh and subtended 10GE access rings topologies.
- Increased quality of experience via reduced network latency and integrated advanced service level assurance (SLA) and services management toolset.
“From the start, ADTRAN’s ONE solution has been designed to reduce the complexity of packet optical networking to help service providers increase flexibility and simplify operations in order to accelerate next-generation service delivery for their customers,” said Mano Nachum, packet optical networking product line manager, ADTRAN’s Carrier Networks Division. “The addition of the ETOS-10 is another significant step ahead that establishes first to market leadership in delivering higher capacity, multi-10Gbps Packet Optical Ethernet integrated with multi-services access and aggregation in a right-sized package.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV