Asia Stocks Mixed After Cyprus Vote On Bailout
Stocks were mixed Tuesday after the eurozone's debt woes offset the encouraging housing data. The Dow Jones industrial average rose marginally to 14,455.82. The Standard & Poor's 500 index fell 0.2 percent to 1,548.34. The Nasdaq composite index dropped 0.3 percent to 3,229.10.
Benchmark oil for April delivery was up 20 cents to $92.36 per barrel in electronic trading on the New York Mercantile Exchange. The contract fell $1.58 to finish at $92.16 a barrel on the Nymex on Tuesday.
In currencies, the euro was nearly unchanged at $1.2874 from $1.2875 late Tuesday in New York. The dollar rose to 94.98 yen from 95.09 yen.
___Follow Pamela Sampson on Twitter at http://twitter.com/pamelasampson
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV