BOGOTA, Colombia, March 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Ecopetrol S.A. (BVC: ECOPETROL; NYSE: EC; TSX: ECP) reports that it has proven the presence of heavy crude oil at Pastinaca 1, an exploratory well located within the municipality of Puerto Lopez, Meta Province.
The well is part of the CPO-10 Exploration and Production Agreement of December 18, 2008 between Ecopetrol and the National Hydrocarbons Agency.
Initial tests carried out on the Pastinaca 1 well using an electro-submersible artificial lift, yielded an average crude oil production of 202 barrels of oil per day (BOD) of 11.7 ° API (heavy crude) and a water cut of 80%. Accumulated production to date is more than 1,448 barrels of oil.The Pastinaca 1 well is the first hydrocarbons discovery in a well 100% owned by Ecopetrol since the beginning of 2013. The Company plans to continue its exploratory activities on block CPO-10 in the months to come. For more information, please contact: Director of Investor Relations Alejandro Giraldo Telephone: +571-234-5190 Fax: +571-234-5628 E-mail: email@example.com Media Relations ( Colombia) Jorge Mauricio Tellez Telephone: +571-234-4329 Fax: +571-234-4480 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Ecopetrol S.A.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV