BBVA Open Talent Encourages International Participation In Its Fifth Annual Competition For Entrepreneurs
MADRID, March 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Since it started, BBVA Open Talent has attracted more than 1,600 projects. In 2012 there were more than 500 participants of which 35 percent came from Latin America. The rest were submitted from a dozen other countries including Germany, France, Russia and the United States.
This year BBVA is emphasising the competition's global nature by boosting international participation. "The main goals of BBVA's open innovation strategy are to create a global knowledge network and establish interaction with ecosystems of entrepreneurs in each geographic region," said Hugo Najera, BBVA's chief innovation officer.
Motivating entrepreneurs and detecting talent are some of the goals of BBVA Open Talent. The program endeavours to capture knowledge that will help the bank remain at the leading edge of technology and uncover innovations that are applicable to banking.
The only condition that BBVA imposes is that not more than two years have passed since the company was incorporated or the project started. Participants compete in one of two categories.
- New banking: for projects related to new ways of banking such as greater focus on customers or those that improve the user's experience.
- Innovation & Technology: for projects related to society (health, education, work, travel, tourism, smart cities, etc); to technology platforms (mobile app security, cloud computing, hardware and software, etc); to e-business, e-commerce, gaming and social networks; or related to web 2.0, etc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV