OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Moms Demand Action For Gun Sense In America
INDIANAPOLIS, March 19, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- We are disappointed to learn that Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid has broken off the Assault Weapons Ban from an otherwise comprehensive gun violence prevention bill. Sen. Dianne Feinstein has long been a champion for American women and moms by asking for common-sense gun regulations, and we continue to stand firmly behind her efforts.
Even after the Sandy Hook Elementary mass shooting, during which a murderer used an AR 15 assault weapon to fire 152 rounds in less than 5 minutes and massacre 20 children and 6 adults, Congress is continuing to let a vocal minority of lobbyists controlled and funded by the gun industry dictate law making on gun issues. Poll data from last week showed that 57 percent of Americans support a ban on assault weapons – a clear majority ( http://www.langerresearch.com/uploads/1147a2GunControl.pdf).
We hope that at the very least, the Senate bill will include a ban on high-capacity magazines like the one proposed by Sen. Frank Lautenberg.
Assault weapons are meant for our military -- they do not belong on our streets or in our schools. If an Assault Weapons Ban is not passed this session by Congress, American mothers will bring the fight to their state legislatures and to the mid-term elections. We will not forget which legislators stood down when our children most needed them to stand up.SOURCE Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV